Last Updated: May 2/20116
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our Services. For example, depending on the Services you use and whether you create an account and related profile (“Stylists to Salons Account”), we may collect:
• Your name
• Contact information, such as address, email address, telephone number
• Information about your education, occupation, career history, skills and experience, awards, memberships and affiliations, activities and interests, including your resume
• Your age, gender, race or ethnicity, if permitted by local law and you choose to provide it
• Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so
• Information imported by you or your connections from third party applications
• Credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment)
• Other information requested within your Stylists to Salons Account.
We automatically collect information about you depending on how you use our Services, the areas of our Sites that you visit, as well as information about your computer or mobile device, including your IP address, phone number, device ID, physical location, browser and operating system type, and referring URLs, using various technological means (including “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons, as further described below). This information is necessary for providing personalized and location-based content as well as for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and monitoring and improving our Services. We may combine this information with information in your Stylists to Salons Account to help provide better service.
We may collect information about you from publicly-available websites. We may use the information we collect to append it to your existing profile. You will have the opportunity to claim collected information relating to you and to change its visibility setting or remove the information. However we cannot guarantee that we will not later collect from publicly available websites other information that pertains to you.
Cookies and Other Technology
The Services may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide, operate and improve our Services, respond to you, and foster a positive user experience. Our Services include providing an online platform that connects employers who have job openings with individuals who are seeking jobs.
By registering with Stylists to Salons, by managing your Stylists to Salons Account, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
• to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us, information imported or collected from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties;
• to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties, including alerting you to relevant job openings;
• to allow you to contact other users or to invite others to join or create a Stylists to Salons Account;
• to allow you to import information about yourself or your contacts from other sites or applications or to export your information to other sites or applications;
• to contact you about feature updates and informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
• to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
• to inform you of other products or services available from Stylists to Salons or its affiliates;
• to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
• to provide products and services to employers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
• to generate internal reports about the use of our Services;
• to allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections;
• to give search engines access to public information;
• to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
• to make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you.
Information you post in public areas of the Services or make visible in the job candidate database may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. We do not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you give to us. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive information, or any other information you would not want made public, to any public area.
Our Services may include the display of and notice to you of personalized products, content, and advertising relating to your education, occupation, career history, skills and experience, awards, memberships and affiliations, activities, interests or other information we have collected about you. We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads online and may also email targeted ads. These ads are targeted (or retargeted) based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties. How We Share Information
Our Services are designed to provide individuals with access to job openings and to provide employers with referrals to job candidates. We may share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you opt out of such disclosure. We disclose your information as set forth below:
1. We share your information with third parties who help deliver our Services to you. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose.
2. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent. For example:
(a) if you post a job opening and choose to make it public, we will disclose information about the job and employer in our job openings database;
(b) if you express interest in a job opening, we will provide anonymous information from your Stylists to Salons Account to the relevant employer;
(c) if you give us consent to disclose your name, contact details and other personal information to an employer, we will provide that information to the employer;
(d) unless you opt out of receiving information about the opportunities, products, or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties so they may contact you; or
(e) if you previously chose to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from us or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt out in those emails or by editing your Stylists to Salons settings.
However, we will not disclose to employers or job candidates information in your Stylists to Salons Account that is designated as non-public.
We may also aggregate data regarding job qualifications, education and professional qualifications, age, experience level, salaries (including historic salary, salary ranges for a particular job posting and salary expectations), Site and Services usage and other information. This aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be used by us for any business purposes and made available to third parties, including employers, job candidates, investors, and the public.
3. We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
4. We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of Stylists to Salons’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Stylists to Salons becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, such information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Sites.
How We Store Information
Since we believe that managing your career is a life-long process, even if you close or deactivate your Stylists to Salons Account we will retain all the information we gather about you so that your repeat use of our Services is more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as described below. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your Stylists to Salons Account information or résumé at any time. Log into your account, go to your personal information page or résumé, and make the desired changes.
Access to or correction, update, or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by us if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you wish to permanently delete or close your Stylists to Salons Account and all account information altogether, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you an email to confirm that your personal information has been deleted (other than archival copies which are not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet and information that has been anonymized and aggregated with data from other users). The archival copy is retained only for as long as needed for audit and record purposes. We will also keep logs and information that may relate to your activity on the site. We may retain and continue to use anonymized and aggregated information as long as we have a business purpose for doing so.
The security of your Stylists to Salons Account relies on your protection of your password. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your Stylists to Salons Account. You may not share your password with anyone. We will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter it into the Services. Any email or other communication requesting your password, asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, or linking to a website with a URL that does not begin with https://www.styliststosalons.com should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately at email@example.com. If you do share your password with a third party for any reason, the third party will have access to your Stylists to Salons Account and your information, and you are responsible for actions taken using your password. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your Stylists to Salons Account and using the password change feature. If you believe that an unauthorized access has already occurred please report it immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org .We may have access to your password and may use such password to access your account for debugging, quality assurance, or other internal purposes.
Security of the Services
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of an inadvertent disclosure of your personal information we will take all commercially reasonable steps to limit and remedy the disclosure as required by the applicable law. If you have any questions about the security of our Services, you can contact us via email or telephone at email@example.com or (303) 578-8313.
The Services are not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of majority. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides his or her personal information to us through our Services represents that he or she is 13 years of age or older.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Services or a job position, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Services. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program, and do not use this information for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality through our Services, your name and email address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
How We Respond To Do Not Track Signals
Please note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
California Residents - Your CA Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following mailing address: PO Box 100206 Denver CO 80250. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.